This one day workshop will help you understand and recognise the signs and symptoms of Compassion Fatigue and invite you to explore how to develop strategies for nurturing self – care and maintaining your connection with your compassionate self.
Most people who are drawn to working in the caring professions are motivated by their strong compassion and deep empathy. In fact only truly compassionate people run the risk of experiencing Compassion Fatigue. Usually these people have a history of putting others before themselves and may neglect to commit to their own self- care.
Also known as secondary traumatic stress (STS), Compassion Fatigue involves a gradual decrease in compassion over time and gives rise to a range of distressing symptoms at a professional and personal level. If you are giving more compassion than you are receiving inevitably you start to run on empty.
- Saturday 8 August 2020, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org