Supervision in some form is viewed as a key component of many professions in the provision of support to practitioners, enhancement of ongoing learning, and, to a greater or lesser degree, it offers some protection to the public. This course is intended for people from a variety of disciplines who are intending, beginning or already practising supervisors. It is designed to enable individuals to extend their understanding and knowledge of supervision, incorporating theoretical input with opportunities for group discussion and experiential exercises.
- Definitions and purpose of supervision.
- Models of the supervisory process will be explored including those of Page and Wosket and Hawkins and Shohet.
- Learning Styles.
- Consideration of the training development and supervisory needs of supervisors.
- Opportunities to role-play in triads as supervisor, supervisee and observer, using participants’ own case work.
- Exploration of transference, counter-transference and the parallel process.
- Reflection on the similarities and differences of supervision in a one-to-one, group or organisational context.
- Consideration of Multicultural, Ethical and Professional issues
The core ethos of IICP is to provide a student centred, warm and supportive learning environment. The programme is highly interactive, experiential and taught through lectures, small group work, role-play and assignments. The programme provides over 100 hours of training as recommended by the main professional bodies in the field.
|Schedule of Dates
|1. Thursday 08 February 2018
||8. Thursday 14 June 2018
|2. Thursday 22 February 2018
||9. Friday 15 June 2018
|3. Thursday 01 March 2018
||10. Thursday 28 June 2018
|4. Thursday 22 March 2018
||11. Thursday 19 July 2018
|5. Thursday 19 April 2018
||12. Friday 20 July 2018
|6. Thursday 10 May 2018
||13. Thursday 16 August 2018
|7. Thursday 24 May 2018
Note: Attendance at all training days is necessary to qualify for the award of the Diploma. Each training day runs from 9:00am-5:00pm.
Who Should Apply:
- This course will be of interest to professionals who work in an integrative manner. It will be of particular interest to counsellors, psychotherapists, guidance counsellors, psychologists, healthcare professionals, probation officers, social services personnel, managers, and all who supervise the work of others in the helping professions.
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision
- Awarding body: IICP (IACP Accredited)
IICP understand that while partaking in further education is an incredibly rewarding experience it can also be a large financial commitment for some students. In order to minimise the financial impact caused to students, IICP strive to keep our course fees as competitive as possible. We also offer students the option of signing up to a payment plan in order to spread the cost of their fees throughout the duration of their course.
- An application processing fee of €60 also applies
- Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis following interviews
- Upon course offer, a deposit payment of €585 is required to secure your place