Supervision is viewed as a key component of many professions in the provision of support to practitioners, enhancement of ongoing learning, and, to a greater or lesser extent, it offers some protection to the public. This year-long course is intended for people from a variety of disciplines who are intending, beginning or already practising supervisors. Professionally accredited by IACP, this course is designed to enable individuals to extend their understanding and knowledge of supervision, incorporating theoretical inputs with opportunities for group discussion and experiential exercises.
- Definitions and purpose of supervision.
- Models of the supervisory process will be explored including those of Page and Wosket and Hawkins and Shohet.
- Learning Styles.
- Feedback informed supervision.
- Consideration of the training development and supervisory needs of supervisors.
- Opportunities to role-play in triads as supervisor, supervisee and observer, using participants’ own case work.
- Exploration of transference, counter-transference and the parallel process.
- Reflection on the similarities and differences of supervision in a one-to-one, group or organisational context.
- Consideration of Multicultural, Ethical and Professional issues.
Student Benefits & Support
With IACP course recognition, graduates of this programme (who meet IACP criteria) are eligible for accreditation as a supervisor. Learners are supported in developing the necessary skills, knowledge and competencies to practice as a supervisor.
At the heart of the training provided in IICP College lies the belief that people are experts in the story of their own lives. With a strong emphasis on student support and flexibility, learners are supported in working toward their goals.
This is a part-time course, with 13 full teaching days (9:00am- 5:00pm).
Dates and Times
- Sunday 4th October
- Sunday 1st November
- Sunday 22nd November
- Sunday 6th December
Note: 90% Attendance is necessary to qualify for the award of the Diploma. Each training day runs from 9:00am-5:00pm.
Online Classroom Delivery
Our online classes are run as tutorials, that involve students and their lecturer logging into our online portal Zoom™ simultaneously.
Zoom™ provides and integrative online environment for students and Lecturers to interact and engage in the learning. This platform facilitates discussion polls, sharing of slides, videos resources and much, much more.
To foster more intimate learning environments the use of breakout rooms is also implemented, allowing for the safe and experiential triadic learning practice that we have found so successful.
All of our sessions are accessible through computer and mobile devices and we have a structured and robust technology department to support all faculty and students through their online learning journey. To encourage flexibility, and ss best practice, we also record all our sessions, these are made accessible only to the students in that class to review content whenever is convenient to them!
Who Should Apply:
This course will be of interest to professionals who work in an integrative manner. It will be of particular interest to counsellors, psychotherapists, guidance counsellors, psychologists, healthcare professionals, probation officers, social services personnel, managers, and all who supervise the work of others in the helping professions.
Accreditation of Award:
Our Diploma in Integrative Supervision is professionally accredited by the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP).
Learners are assessed through a continuous assessment strategy, which includes a variety of methods such as video recording, theoretical essay and reflective writing strategies. Clinical course requirements involve engagement in a peer supervision (internal) relationship (25 hours), external supervision practice (25 hours) and clinical supervision of your external supervision practice hours.
IICP understand that while partaking in further education is an incredibly rewarding experience it can also be a large financial commitment for some students. In order to minimise the financial impact caused to students, IICP strive to keep our course fees as competitive as possible. We also offer students the option of signing up to a payment plan in order to spread the cost of their fees throughout the duration of their course.
- An application processing fee of €75 also applies
- Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis following interviews
- Upon course offer, a deposit payment of €585 is required to secure your place
Additional Course Requirements and Costs
Learners are required to contract with an external supervisor, who will supervise their 25 external supervision practice hours at a ratio of 1:5. Therefore, learners will be required to attend at least 5 sessions of external supervision. Clinical supervision can cost from €40 per session upwards. Fees are negotiable between learners and individual supervisors.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘Validated & Accredited Courses’, then select ‘Certificate in counselling and therapeutic studies’ and complete the form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com