IICP College members use Zoom for remote teaching and learning, and meetings. Students who attend recorded classes are aware that the session is recorded, and consent to this recording.
Everyone who uses Zoom will have some of their personal data collected as part of this delivery.
What data does ZOOM collect?
Zoom collects certain personal data by default, while other data collection is optional (i.e., the host or individual user may choose not to provide the data to Zoom). Personal data collected includes:
• User profile: first name, last name, phone (optional), email, password (if single sign-on is not used), profile picture (optional), department (optional)
• Meeting metadata: topic, description (optional), participant IP address, device/hardware
• Instant messaging chat logs
• Telephony usage data (optional): call in number, call out number, country name, IP address, 911 address (registered service address), start and end time, host name, host email, MAC address of device used Personal data collected by Zoom is stored in data centres within the EEA. Zoom uses security measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access. These are detailed in the ZOOM Privacy Notice, available here: https://zoom.us/privacy#Toc44414842.
Zoom recordings may be stored locally on the host’s computer, or may be stored on the ZOOM cloud.
ZOOM Cloud Recordings
Where recordings are stored on the ZOOM cloud, the following information will be stored: User names, Mp4 of all video, audio and presentations, M4A of all audio, text file of all in meeting chats, audio transcript file.
Zoom Cloud recordings are manually deleted by staff within 6 months of the recording.
Where recordings are stored locally, the following information will be stored on the meeting host’s device: User names, Mp4 of all video, audio and presentations, M4A of all audio, text file of all in meeting chats, audio transcript file.
Local recordings are manually deleted by IICP College staff within 6 months of the recording.
Publication of Recordings
Recordings are uploaded to VIMEO and are made available on the Moodle class page. As described in QAM Policy 11.5 Incorporating Digital Technology into the Curriculum, all materials stored in Moodle sites are considered active and dynamic for the duration of the academic year during which the module runs. While the module is active, the College staff, faculty and class will have access to the class Moodle page. At the end of the academic year, a phased process of archiving and eventual destruction is begun. At this stage students will no longer have access to their class Moodle page.
What data does VIMEO collect?
Vimeo is operated by Vimeo Inc. 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
Privacy of recordings
The following settings are used to protect the privacy of a recording:
• Only people with access to the Moodle class page and/or a password can watch the recording.
• Recordings cannot be embedded in other locations.
• Comments are disabled.
• Downloading is disabled.
Will my personal information be visible during or after the session?
Once the session has been started by the host, you will be placed in a Webinar room where the only participants will be the classes’ registered students and teachers. Your contributions, your image and your name will be visible to any other attendees, and as required to IICP College staff. These sessions will be recorded. The host may move you to breakout rooms during class. Breakout rooms are not recorded.