CPD Certificate in Pluralistic Counselling & Psychotherapy (Level 8 Module)
Grow your knowledge, skills and competencies in Pluralistic Counselling & Psychotherapy
Award: Certificate of Attendance and Participation. CPD: 23 hours
Cost: €650.00. Deposit of €195 required to secure place
Duration: 14 classes (1.5 hours each)
Dates: Friday option available.
Apply Online: This course is now complete.
This module aims to provide learners with knowledge, skills and competencies related to pluralistic counselling and psychotherapy. Learners will engage with key theory and practice related to this innovative integrative approach to therapy and client collaboration.
The syllabus will include the following themes:
- An exploration of the philosophic underpinnings of pluralism, which holds that there are several conflicting but still true descriptions of the world, and that no single explanatory system or view of reality can account for all the phenomena of life;
- Introduction to a pluralistic framework for counselling and psychotherapy and a detailed examination of the three domains making up the framework: goals, tasks and methods:
- Goals: The identification of goals; exploring, clarifying and negotiating goals with clients, helping the therapeutic conversation to remain goal-focused, and embracing a client-driven approach to counselling;
- Tasks: The collaboration between the counsellor and client in facilitating the client to undertake actions associated with the goals identified at the outset, or during the process of therapy; and
- Method: The learner will examine the specific and practical ways the client and counsellor can realize the tasks identified during therapy in this domain of the pluralistic framework.
Learners are required to complete a 3,000-word case study, which commences with a 1,500-word evaluation of the theory, defining concepts and underlying principles of pluralism as it applies to counselling and psychotherapy. Learners must then present 1,500-word clinical case study in which they have applied pluralistic counselling and psychotherapy. Learners will demonstrate ability to use the pluralistic approach, including process and outcome based feedback tools, assessment strategies and case formulation.
|20 September 2019|
|27 September 2019|
|04 October 2019|
|11 October 2019|
|18 October 2019|
|01 November 2019|
|08 November 2019|
|15 November 2019|
|22 November 2019|
|29 November 2019|
|06 December 2019|
|13 December 2019|
|10 January 2020|
|17 January 2020|
- Friday Option: 9:30am-11:00am
This course is suitable for counsellors and psychotherapists who wish to further their knowledge, skills and competencies in pluralistic therapy. The module serves as a theoretical underpinning to Pluralistic Counselling & Psychotherapy.
A Level 7 Degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy (or equivalent) is required to apply for this CPD certificate.
Certificate of Attendance and Participation – 23 CPD Hours. Includes 05 ECTS Credits at Level 8, which may be applied to our BA (Hons) Degree at a later stage. Only those with a previous Level 7 Degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy (or equivalent) can apply these ECTS credits to our BA (Hons) Degree.
IICP College, Killinarden Enterprise Park, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
€650.00 (Deposit of €195 required to secure place on course.)