A client’s decision to disclose abuse in therapy is a radical and revolutionary act. As therapist, we are tasked with balancing the triumvirate of giving voice to the client’s experience, adhering to mandated reporting processes, and maintaining the therapeutic quality of the relationship. Without adequate training and reflexive practices, the intersect of these factors can be experienced as a ‘terrible privilege,’ resulting in therapist Moral Distress and failure to report.
A Pluralistic framework for Child Protection Training offers therapist’s support in understanding how the management of the reporting concerns, when informed by client knowledge, therapist professional knowledge, evidenced-based research, and collaborative meta-communication, can be a useful cultural resource, and a therapeutic act.
• Overview of Pluralistic Practice
• What is TUSLA, Risk, Children First & Mandated Reporting?
• Mandated Reporting and Therapist remit
• Client & therapist as partners in the reporting process
• Importance of collaboration & meta-communication in ensuring client consent
• Importance of therapist knowledge in:
− Children First Law
− Children First Guidelines
− Current socio-political practices in CP
− Moral Distress
- Sunday 16 August 2020, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course will be of interest to various professionals, therapists and students who work with children and adolescents.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply, simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘Summer Series’, then select the options that best suit you and complete the form. Please remember to avail of our special 3for2 discount you need to select three courses.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com