Anxiety is a future-focused mood state in which one is ready or prepared to attempt to cope with anticipated upcoming events that are perceived as negative. Experiences of psychological distress as a result of overwhelming anxiety are common in our modern ways of living. Anyone working with children & adolescents is bound to meet with cases of problematic anxiety. This online workshop aims to explore a range of therapeutic responses to such anxiety.
The course will cover:
- Types of anxiety
- Recognising anxiety – spotting the cues
- Neuro-bio-psycho-social considerations
- Parents/therapist as partners
- Importance of self-regulation and coping skills
Therapeutic approaches useful with anxiety such as:
- Narrative therapy
- CBT techniques
- Creative mediums
- Mindfulness and stress reduction
Who Should Apply:
- This course will be of interest to various professionals, therapists and students who work with children and adolescents.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
This course is now complete.