Adolescents have been raised in a digital world and become competent in online modes of communication
and connection. As a result, there are now a range of effective computerized therapeutic interventions for
young people, and methods of online counselling and teletherapy have grown in sophistication. As with all
approaches and interventions, it is therapist competency that can serve as the greatest strength or
limitation in helping the client achieve successful outcomes. This programme offers participants an
opportunity to address their fears and competency in engaging adolescents in online therapy.
The course will cover:
• Therapeutic processes relevant to online therapy with adolescents and young people
• Using creative techniques in teletherapy with adolescents
• Screening and assessment in online adolescent psychotherapy
• Contracting, policy and boundary considerations in online counselling with adolescents
• Managing risk and safeguarding presenting in online adolescent counselling
• Strengths and potential challenges in using online counselling with adolescents
- Sunday 12 July 2020, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences
This course is now complete.