When someone you love ends their life – How do you continue yours?
Suicide can lead to a profound sense of shock and to many painful and at times overwhelming and conflicting emotions. Working with those who are bereaved by suicide can present many challenges to professionals. This workshop will help you understand and explore this complicated grief process.
Topics covered will include, the impact of suicide, understanding the complex range of emotional reactions to suicide, and working with guilt, anger and shame. We will also explore approaches to working with children bereaved by suicide.
- Saturday 15 August 2020, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
This course is now complete.