Anxiety is part of everyday life for many people and some of us are more prone to anxiety than others.
This workshop will explore the ways in which our thinking contributes to our anxiety levels. It will share how CBT can be used to change our thinking and calm our anxiety.
- How do we know we are anxious – signs and symptoms.
- Distinguishing between different types of anxiety.
- The thought patterns underlying anxiety – what’s going on in the anxious mind?
- How to identify anxious thoughts.
- Challenging and changing the thinking that causes anxiety.
- Practice makes perfect – designing practical exercises to put the new thinking into action.
- Saturday 22 August 2020, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
This course is now full.