This two day workshop will explore how issues related to sexuality can and will emerge in the clinical space. The aim of the workshop is to encourage thought and discussion on the subject of sexuality from a practical point of view as it pertains to the practice of counselling and psychotherapy, the development of the therapeutic relationship and current perspectives on the subject.
The workshop will include content aimed at deepening participants’ knowledge, skills and competencies in working with sexual issues. Sexuality is a vital dimension of the human experience and is likely to emerge in many ways. The two days will include discourse, discussion and practice work in the following areas:
- Sexuality in the clinical space;
- Working with diversity;
- Sexual functioning and dysfunction;
- Therapists’ comfort in exploring sexual issues;
- Clinical skills for exploring sexuality.
The workshop will include a blend of theoretical lectures, experiential exercises, skills training, group work and class discussion. Learners will be encouraged to reflect, engage and participate in a range of experiential work designed to increase comfort and competence in exploring the area of sexuality in clinical practice.
- Saturday 12 August 2017
- Sunday 13 August 2017
- This course is for therapists and/or therapists in training or those who have a clinical role with clients experiencing emotional or psychological distress.
- IICP Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 12 hours
- €140 (€20 Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni)
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com