Working at Relational Depth
Content: What does it mean to connect to others in an in-depth way? What are the effects of relating deeply to clients in therapy, and how can such a such an encounter be facilitated? This workshop will give participants an opportunity to explore their experiences of relational depth, and how it feels to meet others at this level of intensity and intimacy: in both their therapeutic practice and everyday life. Through small group exercises, pairs-work, discussion and theory input, the workshop will help participants develop a deeper understanding of such encounters, and also how they come to deepen their levels of relating in their therapeutic work.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the nature of relational depth
- Articulate their own experiences of in-depth relating
- Understand the latest research findings on the nature, impact and prevalence of relational depth in therapy
- Recognise means of deeepening levels of relating with clients
- Recognise their own chronic strategies of disconnection and other barriers to relational depth
Format: The workshop combines self-development exercises, theoretical input, practical exercises, and small and large group discussion. The workshop is appropriate for training and practising counsellors, psychotherapists, counselling psychologists and other mental health professionals. The day will be broken up into four teaching inputs:
- Session 1: Experiencing relational depth, in and out of therapy
- Session 2: The importance of relatedness to psychological wellbeing
- Session 3: Deepening our levels of relating with clients
- Session 4: Chronic strategies of disconnection
- Sunday 11 March 2018, 10.00am to 4.30pm
- The course is for anybody interested in learning more about the subject area.
- IICP Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €90.00 (€76.50 for IICP Students/Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com