Adolescents have been raised in a digital world and become competent in online modes of communication and connection. As a result, there are now a range of effective computerized therapeutic interventions for young people, and methods of online counselling and teletherapy have grown in sophistication. As with all approaches and interventions, it is therapist competency that can serve as the greatest strength or limitation in helping the client achieve successful outcomes. This programme offers participants an opportunity to address their fears and competency in engaging adolescents in online therapy.
The course will cover:
- Therapeutic processes relevant to online therapy with adolescents and young people
- Using creative techniques in teletherapy with adolescents
- Screening and assessment in online adolescent psychotherapy
- Contracting, policy and boundary considerations in online counselling with adolescents
- Managing risk and safeguarding presenting in online adolescent counselling
- Strengths and potential challenges in using online counselling with adolescents
Please Note – Course Entry Requirements
This course will be of interest to various professionals, therapists and students who work with children and adolescents.
Online Classroom Delivery
Our online classes are run as tutorials, that involve students and their lecturer logging into our online portal Zoom™ simultaneously.
Zoom™ provides and integrative online environment for students and Lecturers to interact and engage in the learning. This platform facilitates discussion polls, sharing of slides, videos resources and much, much more.
To foster more intimate learning environments the use of breakout rooms is also implemented, allowing for the safe and experiential triadic learning practice that we have found so successful.
All of our sessions are accessible through computer and mobile devices and we have a structured and robust technology department to support all faculty and students through their online learning journey. To encourage flexibility, and ss best practice, we also record all our sessions, these are made accessible only to the students in that class to review content whenever is convenient to them!
This course will be of interest to various professionals, therapists and students who work with children and adolescents. In order to fully participate in the day, participants will need a camera and mic, and microsoft applications.
- IICP Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% discount for IICP Students/Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- IICP College will offer this course in an online format. Participants will be send a link to the IICP Zoom class prior to the start of the programme.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD Short Term’, then select ‘Online Therapy with Adolescents’ and complete the form.