During the COVID-19 outbreak the main efforts of the College are towards ensuring the health and welfare of its staff and students, while also ensuring the continuity of its programmes. The College was already working from a contingency plan, and therefore was in a position to move immediately to put in place arrangements for students to continue with their academic curriculum and assessments in an online environment in order that they could progress or graduate within the period of their programme.
The College produced its initial Contingency Plan on 7th March prior to the introduction of social distancing measures by the Irish Government on 12th March 2020. The second iteration of the Contingency Plan was finalised on 25th March, 2020. The third iteration was dated 3rd April, 2020. This fourth iteration was completed on 6th April, 2020.
The Academic Council Covid-19 Contingency Planning Subcommittee was established by special resolution of IICP College’s Academic Council on 21st March 2020. The responsibility of the subcommittee is to ensure that full academic governance and quality assurance principles are maintained for the duration of the COVID-19 crises. It consists of: Dr. Marcella Finnerty, Dr. Aine O’Reilly; Ms. Caitríona Kearns and Mr. David O’Regan. The Subcommittee acts as the operational lead in all matters relating to assessments, including reviewing and approving assessment modifications and communication on an ongoing basis with students and faculty regarding modifications.
This subcommittee will produce a report on its activities for the next Academic Council meeting through its Quality Assurance and Enhancement mechanism.
Short term adjustments in place
Having liaised with the programme teams, our academic governing bodies, QQI, HECA and IACP, IICP College will remain fully operational. We continue to follow all HSE/Government policy/directives. To facilitate continuity of learning, we continue to use technology enabled learning for all students on QQI and IACP validated programmes. Classes and student support are delivered via Zoom and our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Moodle, and through other media outlined in the below link to our full contingency plan.
The following academic management practices have been successfully implemented:
- Online classes are ready for students on a weekly basis.
- Lesson plans are reviewed by registry to ensure that there is:
- Coherence in teaching and learning.
- Comparability between face-to-face teaching inputs envisioned in programme documentation and online lessons.
- Learners receive all required teaching inputs.
- Attendance is being monitored as usual with a log for each class, as is the norm.
- Students have continued to engage in their learning.
- All classes are being delivered synchronously using Zoom.
- There is an asynchronous option, temporarily, for those experiencing difficulties due to childcare or health reasons etc offered through Vimeo.
- Faculty is providing a wide variety of additional tutorials and support sessions with students using Zoom.
- The technology department is providing tutorials and support sessions to faculty using Zoom.
Contacting College Staff and Faculty
Primary means of contacting Programme Leaders or Faculty/ Staff should be through email contact in the first instance. Lecturers emails are available in the programme handbook and below are emails of key academic/administration staff within the College. Students have been asked to also copy any email correspondence to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The Main College Mobiles: 087-9055330; 086-0499154 and 086-2609989 will continue to operate.
|Certificate||Pamela Patchell, Programme Coordinator email@example.com|
|BA (Hons)||David O’Regan, Head of Academic Studies firstname.lastname@example.org
Dermot O’Neill, Programme Leader
Ann Frey, Programme Leader
Frankie Brown, Assist. Programme Leader, email@example.com
|MA Pluralistic Counselling & Psychotherapy||Maria Quinlan, Programme Leader|
|MA Integrative Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy||Gayle Doyle, Programme Leader|
|Level 9 CBT Certificate||Paula Lawlor, Cert. Leader|