Dr. Marguerite Woods
Stage 4 Programme Leader & Module Lecturer
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Teaching & Learning in Higher Education), Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) (B.Soc.Sc).
Dr. Woods has a wealth of teaching experience, lecturing in colleges such as IICP, Trinity College Dublin, National University of Ireland Maynooth and Dublin Business School.
Her research and teaching interests include:
- Qualitative research focusing on the lived experience of those who use drugs or those in treatment.
- Gender Issues – I have an interest in women and health issues generally but more specifically my focus has been on women and drug use, and women and HIV;
- Alcohol and drug treatment and policy – I am specifically interested in focusing on how policy impacts on drug users;
- Counselling Practice;
- Practice based research – focusing on how learning translates into practice;
- Drug using parents – their experience of parenting;
- Women drug users’ experience of motherhood;
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Crime and social policy;
- Housing issues; and
- Educational Disadvantage.