Most of us treat ourselves rather unkindly during challenging times, and in this fast-paced world, many us live off an anxious model; be work, parenting, or caring for others.
The experience of a pandemic elicits an invisible anxiety between social-distancing and connection, cocooning and isolation, survival and death. Managing our responses to our usual anxieties is difficult enough, so how do we manage them when enmeshed with shadow of a pandemic?
This online workshop aims to explore how pandemics complicate our anxieties, and offers a range of therapeutic responses to such anxiety.
The course will cover:
• Understanding Anxiety
• Research evidence on the impact of a pandemic on Mental Health and recovery
• Pandemic and the psyche
• Death during a pandemic
• The psychological impact of social-distancing and cocooning
• Boundaries and self-care – finances in counselling and counselling as a cultural resource
• Sharing lived experiences: Therapist personal stories, Moving our practice online, Sitting with fear, Moral Distress.
- Sunday 21 June 2020, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com