The aim of this workshop is to offer an introduction to using Solution Focused Brief Therapy. SFBT is an approach that is more concerned with helping people
finding solutions to their life problems than with exploring the ways in which these problems developed.
SFBT is highly respectful of individuals, working within the person’s framework and using their language. It is based on a series of appropriate and well-thought
out open questions, designed to help the individual find more useful ways of perceiving their world and/or ways of behaving which will work better for them.
This workshop will be highly participative. The Solution Focused approach will be demonstrated through role play and through the use of audiovisual
material. Psychotherapists and counsellors working with Employee Assistance Programmes or engaged in short-term approaches with clients should find this training of particular benefit as many of the organisations and companies providing these services seek practitioners trained in SFBT.
- Friday, 21 June 2019, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course will be of interest to mental health professionals and students who are interested in learning more about the subject area.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org