John Bowlby (1969) describes attachment as a “lasting psychological connectedness between human beings” (p.194) and that the relationship between an infant and their primary caregiver will shape their attachment style in close relationships for life. How do we then recognise and work with that as professionals?
The course aims to familiarise participants with the concepts of Attachment Theory supported by research and knowledge of brain development and cultural factors.
“Attachment is not a characteristic of either the child or the parent, it is a characteristic of the relationship” (Bowlby, 2008 p.122).
We will explore how this translates to a healing relationship, focusing on the professional as a ‘secure base’, begin to identify and recognise attachment patterns and opportunities for repair.
- Saturday, 07 September 2019, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning more about attachment, with particular focus of psychotherapy and mental health professional.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org