Anxiety is a future-focused mood state in which one is ready or prepared to attempt to cope with anticipated upcoming events that are perceived as negative. Experiences of psychological distress as a result of overwhelming anxiety are common in our modern ways of living. Anyone working with children & adolescents is bound to meet with cases of problematic anxiety. This workshop aims to explore a range of therapeutic responses to such anxiety.
The course will cover:
- Types of anxiety
- Recognising anxiety – spotting the cues
- Neuro-bio-psycho-social considerations
- Parents/therapist as partners
- Importance of self-regulation and coping skills
Therapeutic approaches useful with anxiety such as:
- Narrative therapy
- CBT techniques
- Creative mediums
- Mindfulness and stress reduction
- Saturday, 31 August 2019, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course will be of interest to various professionals, therapists and students who work with children and adolescents.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com