In todays clinical practices, cases are presenting with more complexities for the therapists to manage. For many therapists understanding the complexities of such a clinical presentation can be difficult to navigate.
This workshop will begin by discussing online sexual abuse for victims, followed by online sexual offending by the perpetrator.
It will then focus specifically on the therapist in this relationship. The challenge of acknowledging our own biases from the social “GGRRAAACCEEESSS”
(Burnham:2014) perspective which considers cultural, race, religion, sex, gender, and ethnical stance.
Finally, the workshop will give an overview of what the research informs about the interventions for this client group.
- Saturday, 28th July, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course will be of interest to mental health professionals and students who are interested in learning more about the subject area.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €90.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org