Anxiety is a future-focused mood state in which one is ready or prepared to attempt to cope with anticipated upcoming events that are perceived as negative. Experiences of psychological distress as a result of overwhelming anxiety are common in our modern ways of living. Anyone working with young people is bound, at some stage and to some degree, to meet with cases of problematic anxiety. This workshop aims to explore a range of therapeutic responses to such anxiety.
This one-day workshop will introduce participants to key concepts that help professionals to understand anxiety and develop the means of supporting adolescents and young people struggling with anxiety.
- Types of anxiety
- Recognising anxiety – spotting the cues
- Neuro-bio-psycho-social considerations
- Importance of self-regulation and coping skills
- Creative mediums
- Mindfulness and stress reduction
- Parents/therapist as partners
- Therapeutic approaches useful with anxiety
- Narrative therapy
- CBT techniques
- Sunday, 22nd July 2018, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course will be of interest to professionals and volunteers who work with young clients in counselling or mental health services in general.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €90.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com