“In order for you to be a non-judging, reliable, and attentive listener, you must develop an increasing awareness of yourself and what you’re bringing to the helping relationship.” (Evans, 2013, p18)
This workshop is ideally suited for those who would like further practice, or who need to hone their skills. Through skills in attending and joining we will explore how to demonstrate the core conditions.
Some of the blocks that get in our way are often the internal critics and triggers (judgements, bias, over-identifying etc.). This workshop will concentrate on noticing what is happening for us within a session.
With this awareness in mind, key skills in attending and joining, empathic responses through reflections and summaries, and use of questions will be revised and practised.
- Sunday 09 February 2020 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course will suit students who have already completed a module in Microskills and would like to refine their skills and gain additional experiential practice.
- On successful completion of the course, participants will receive certificate of attendance and participation.
- €95 (15% discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors: €80.75)
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org