Self-compassion means taking an attitude of kindness and acceptance towards yourself – not towards the perfect self you want to be, but towards the person you are now.
The practice of self-compassion is a recent trend in the world of mindfulness and its value in relation to anxiety, depression, self-acceptance and self-development has been underlined in many research studies.
For people working in the area of mental health, self-compassion can be truly valuable for both clients and the professionals themselves. Perfectionism, the inner critic and self-judgement are themes that often emerge in the clinical space and in any form of personal development work.
Having tools, interventions and coping skills to cope with this can support us in our professional and personal work.
Mindfulness is an essential component of self-compassion as it gives us the space and awareness we need to help us to cultivate a kinder attitude towards ourselves in the present moment.
This workshop aims to support participants in honing the art of self-care, self-compassion and self-acceptance in both the personal and professional settings.
- Friday 12 April 2019, 10:00am – 4:00pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €90.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
You have the option of either applying online through our online application form or else by downloading an application form and sending it along with your payment to the IICP office.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org