ACT is a mindfulness-based approach, which helps us to live more in the present, instead of in the past or future, and make the most of the life that we have. ACT can help us improve and enrich our lives by connecting to our own internal compass and letting this be our guide. Through the practice of ACT, we can gain more control of our choices and make long-term meaningful changes. ACT develops psychological flexibility: the ability to connect more fully with the present moment, with awareness and openness and live with integrity even when difficulties arise.
ACT teaches six key skills:
- Connection to the “here and now”
- Unhooking from unwanted thoughts
- Willingness and Compassion
- Perspective taking
- Meaningful ACTion
- Friday, 27 April 2018
- Friday, 11 May 2018
- Friday, 18 May 2018
- Friday, 01 June 2018
Who Should Apply:
- This Certificate is appropriate for a wide variety of professions including Teachers, School Counsellors, Human Resources Workers and Mental Health
Professionals – Psychologists, Licensed Mental Health Counsellors, Psychotherapists Psychiatrists, Social Workers, and Psychiatric Nurse-Practitioners.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 24 hours
- €495.00 (costs are inclusive of all training, materials).
- NOTE: SPECIAL 50% (€247.50) off course for IICP Students/Alumni and current VCS Counsellors – Use code actalumni at checkout