ACT is a mindfulness-based approach, effective in the treatment of many issues including stress and anxiety, depression, OCD and substance abuse. ACT helps us to live more in the present, instead of in the past or future, and make the most of the life that we have. ACT can help us improve and enrich our lives by connecting to our own internal compass and letting this be our guide. Through the practice of ACT, we can gain more control of our choices and make long-term meaningful changes. ACT encourages accepting experiences by facing rather than avoiding problems while also living life in accordance with chosen values. This is achieved through committed action.
ACT teaches six key skills:
- Connection to the “here and now”
- Unhooking from unwanted thoughts
- Willingness and Compassion
- Perspective taking
- Meaningful ACTion
Online delivery dates
Thursday 23rd April 2020
Friday 24th April 2020
Friday 1st May 2020
Friday 29th May 2020
Who Should Apply:
- This Certificate is appropriate for a wide variety of professions including Teachers, School Counsellors, Human Resources Workers and Mental Health
Professionals – Psychologists, Licensed Mental Health Counsellors, Psychotherapists Psychiatrists, Social Workers, and Psychiatric Nurse-Practitioners.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 24 hours
- €495.00 (costs are inclusive of all training, materials).
- Reduced rate for IICP Students/Alumni and VCS Counsellors: €420.75.
- This course will take place Online on Zoom, the link for which will be provded just before the session
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com