This four-day certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is offered in two intakes in 2020 and run over four Sundays on each. Covering the broad areas of theory, assessment of presenting problems, disputation of irrational beliefs, and homework, the aim of the course is to equip participants with the necessary theoretical and clinical understand of the CBT approach to therapy.
Participants will learn the history of CBT. Assessment of a problem will be explored, and participants will learn how to identify rational and irrational beliefs. Participants will be taught the different types of disputation in CBT.
Participants will learn how to dispute irrational beliefs at a logical, empirical and pragmatic level. The role of homework will be explored in detail. Having identified the need to develop and strengthen rational beliefs, participants will be given the skills required to help their clients achieve same.
The Certificate involves both theoretical and practical inputs, and learners will be encouraged to practice key CBT Skills in triads and small groups.
- Sunday 13 September 2020
- Sunday 27 September 2020
- Sunday 04 October 2020
- Sunday 18 October 2020
- 9:00am – 5:00pm on each teaching day
Who Should Apply:
- This course will suit anyone with a professional or personal interest in CBT. It is ideal for therapists, keyworkers, social workers, psychologists, teachers, medical practitioners or community workers.
Online Classroom Delivery
Our online classes are run as tutorials, that involve students and their lecturer logging into our online portal Zoom™ simultaneously.
Zoom™ provides and integrative online environment for students and Lecturers to interact and engage in the learning. This platform facilitates discussion polls, sharing of slides, videos resources and much, much more.
To foster more intimate learning environments the use of breakout rooms is also implemented, allowing for the safe and experiential triadic learning practice that we have found so successful.
All of our sessions are accessible through computer and mobile devices and we have a structured and robust technology department to support all faculty and students through their online learning journey. To encourage flexibility, and ss best practice, we also record all our sessions, these are made accessible only to the students in that class to review content whenever is convenient to them!
- On successful completion of the course, IICP College will issue a Practitioner’s Certificate in CBT.
- CPD: 30 hours
- €495.00 (costs are inclusive of all training, materials).
- Reduced rate for IICP Students /Alumni and VCS Counsellors: €420.75
- The core ethos of IICP is to provide a student centred, warm and supportive learning environment. The programme is highly interactive, experiential and taught through lectures, small group work and role-play.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD courses Long Term’, then select ‘Practitioners Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – Autumn’.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org