SFBT with Children & Adolescents
Award: IICP College will issue a CPD Certificate in SFBT with Children & Adolescents [a college certificate of credits will also be issued for those who complete the assignment]
- Cost: €900.00. Deposit of €270 required to secure place
- 29th September 2023
- 30th September 2023
- 3rd November 2023
- 4th November 2023
- Duration: 4 teaching days, plus additional self-directed learning.
Learners who also wish to obtain the college certificate of credits will have to complete the assignment.
Apply Online: Click here to apply
This innovative training will explore the integration of a solution focused approach to enhance professional practice with children and adolescents. It will offer a space to explore the issues of adolescence and the implications for the engagement with clients in these stages of transition. The course will focus on the use of SFBT as part of a proactive approach to engaging children and adolescents.
In this course participants will:
- Gain an understanding of a proactive approach to working with children & Adolescents
- Learn about developmental considerations when working with young clients
- Learn the tenets of solution-focused therapy in relation to clinical work with minors
- Practice solution focused questions and techniques for goal setting, scaling, and focusing on strengths
- 29th September 2023 – Onsite
- 30th September 2023 – Onsite
- 3rd November 2023 – Online
- 4th November 2023 – Online
Those eligible to apply are practising therapists who hold either an honours degree, Level 8 on The National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), in counselling and psychotherapy, or equivalent. Or an honours degree, Level 8 on the NFQ, plus a professional diploma in counselling and psychotherapy that meets with IACP/IAHIP course recognition standards (or equivalent). The diploma must have counselling and psychotherapy at its core.
Learners who wish to obtain the college certificate of credits will have to submit the assignment. Learners who just wish to obtain the CPD Certificate will be issued with this upon completion of the final assignment.
The course will be delivered onsite(2 day) and online (2 days).
€900.00 (Deposit of €270 required to secure place on course.)
Applications to this course are done online using the link below. If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01 4664205 or call Triona on 086 0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD Courses (Long-Term)’, then select ‘Solution Focused Brief Therapy w/Children & Adolescents – Sept 2023’ and complete the form.
If you have any trouble at any stage of the application please click here to get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Why attend this CPD Course?
Gain new knowledge and skills related to using SFBT with Children & Adolescents
- Apply an evidence-based approach to clinical work with youth
Excellent Facilitator – experienced, engaging and knowledgeable