Anxiety is part of everyday life for many people and some of us are more prone to anxiety than others. This workshop will explore the ways in which our thinking contributes to our anxiety levels. It will share how CBT can be used to change our thinking and calm our anxiety.
The course will cover:
- How do we know we are anxious – signs and symptoms.
- Distinguishing between different types of anxiety.
- The thought patterns underlying anxiety – what’s going on in the anxious mind?
- How to identify anxious thoughts.
- Challenging and changing the thinking that causes anxiety.
- Practice makes perfect – designing practical exercises to put the new thinking into action.
Please Note – Course Entry Requirements
- This course is intended for therapists, mental health practitioners and for those professionals who would like to incorporate CBT into their toolbox for working with Anxiety.
Online Classroom Delivery
Our online classes are run as tutorials, that involve students and their lecturer logging into our online portal Zoom™ simultaneously.
Zoom™ provides and integrative online environment for students and Lecturers to interact and engage in the learning. This platform facilitates discussion polls, sharing of slides, videos resources and much, much more.
To foster more intimate learning environments the use of breakout rooms is also implemented, allowing for the safe and experiential triadic learning practice that we have found so successful.
All of our sessions are accessible through computer and mobile devices and we have a structured and robust technology department to support all faculty and students through their online learning journey. To encourage flexibility, and ss best practice, we also record all our sessions, these are made accessible only to the students in that class to review content whenever is convenient to them!
- This course will be of interest to professionals and volunteers who work with clients in a counselling, psychotherapy, social care or mental health settings
- IICP Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% discount for IICP Students/Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- IICP College will offer this course in an online format. Participants will be send a link to the IICP Zoom class prior to the start of the programme.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD Short Term’, then select ‘CBT and Anxiety’ and complete the form.