Depression or low mood can affect any one of us at any stage in our lives.
This workshop will explore the ways in which our thinking contributes to depression and low mood. It will share how CBT can be used to change how we think and what we do to help us work our way out of depression and low mood.
The course will cover:
• How do we know we are down – signs and symptoms
• Distinguishing between depression and sadness or disappointment
• The thought patterns underlying depression – what’s going on in the depressed mind
• The behaviours that underpin depression – what do we do when we are depressed
• How to identify the thoughts that contribute to depression
• Challenging and changing this thinking and the behaviours we engage in when we are depressed
• Practice makes perfect – designing practical exercises to put the new thinking into action
- Sunday 19 July, 2020 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
||DOWNLOAD (OFFLINE) APPLICATION
- To apply and pay online, simply click the below button and complete the online application form.
- Click the below button to download an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org