“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in.” ― Desmond Tutu.
It can be said that we are living through an age of trauma and there is nothing that trauma does not touch. This introductory training will cover ‘What is trauma?’ and ‘What are its effects and prevalence?’
The workshop will explore the impact of trauma on the body, neurobiology, and whole person. Participants will delve into how to apply a trauma informed approach to intake and process work. The impact of how social and cultural factors of trauma applies to practice will be looked at in this engaging online workshop.
- Sunday 20th August 2023, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This workshop is for mental health practitioners who are working with/interested in learning more about trauma-informed therapy.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences
Applications to this course are done online using the link below. If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01 4664205 or call Triona on 086 0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘Summer Series’, then select ‘Trauma Informed Therapy – August 2023′ and complete the form.