When we consider how to support those who have been impacted by sexual abuse whether directly as a victim or a family member of a victim, a professional or a member of the public, our thinking is socially constructed regarding those that have offended mostly in a negative way. Yet the research informs us that to fully understand and prevent sexual abuse we must understand the dynamics of sexual abuse from the lens of those that have caused the abuse.
This workshop aims to educate, challenge and consider how to break the cycle of abuse by working with this client group and deepen our understanding of Mandatory Reporting.
- The aetiology of Sexual Offending
- Types of Sexual Offences, contact, and online, Familial, and Intra-Familial
- Multi Factorial Treatment Theories
- Actuarial Instruments to assess Recidivism, STATIC -99R, STABLE 2007, ACUTE 2007
- Working therapeutically with individuals who have sexually offended from a systemic lens
considering multiple theories such as Family Therapy, Pluralism, etc.
- Saturday 15th July 2023, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place onsite in our Tallaght Campus.
Applications to this course are done online using the link below. If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01 4664205 or call Triona on 086 0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘Summer Series’, then select ‘Working with Sexual Offending – 2023′ and complete the form.