The aim of this workshop is to offer an introduction to using Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
SFBT is an approach that is more concerned with helping people finding solutions to their life problems than with exploring the ways in which these problems developed.
SFBT is highly respectful of individuals, working within the person’s framework and using their language. It is based on a series of appropriate and well-thought out open questions, designed to help the individual find more useful ways of perceiving their world and/or ways of behaving which will work better for them.
This workshop will be highly participative. Psychotherapists and counsellors working with Employee Assistance Programmes or engaged in short-term approaches with clients should find this training of particular benefit as many of the organisations and companies providing these services seek practitioners trained in SFBT.
- Saturday 12th August 2023, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Applications to this course are done online using the link below. If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01 4664205 or call Triona on 086 0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘Summer Series’, then select ‘An Introduction to SFBT – 2023′ and complete the form.