CBT is an evidence-based approach to therapy, that has proven efficacy when working with clients who are dealing with depression. This one day workshop will support therapists and mental health practitioners who want to incorporate CBT into their clinical toolbox.
In this one day introductory workshop, participants will:
- How do we know we are down – signs and symptoms
- Distinguishing between depression and sadness or disappointment
- The thought patterns underlying depression – what’s going on in the depressed mind
- The behaviours that underpin depression – what do we do when we are depressed
- How to identify the thoughts that contribute to depression
- Challenging and changing this thinking and the behaviours we engage in when we are depressed
- Practice makes perfect – designing practical exercises to put the new
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for Counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists and therapists-in-training who want to learn more about the subject area.
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Applications to this course are done online using the link below. If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01 4664205 or call Triona on 086 0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘Summer Series’, then select ‘Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Depression August 2023′ and complete the form.