Have you ever had a client present a dream in therapy? Have you ever brought a dream to your own therapy? Maybe you have had a dream which has lingered with you for days, months or even years?
In this workshop we will explore the practical guidance that dreams can offer for the therapeutic process and their relevance for countertransference.
During the course of a lifetime, the individual has over 100,000 dreams. Every dream has a helpful message, giving insight into the particular meaning of the situation in our lives.
Jung experienced the unconscious as a guiding force and a source of wisdom which could direct us in our daily lives, solve our problems, and help us to make the right decisions at crucial stages of our lives. He believed that dreams are the exact opposite of wish-fulfilment.
Dreams give the lie to our fondest illusions and show up the blind spots in our conscious lives.
- Saturday 9th July 2022, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Applications to this course are done online using the link below. If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01 4664205 or call Triona on 086 0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘Summer Series’, then select ‘The Therapeutic Use of Dreams [Online] July 2022′ and complete the form.