Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is the evidence-based cutting edge integration of CBT and Mindfulness skills, which also takes the useful philosophical stances from Existentialism and Gestalt approaches to create powerful counselling and therapeutic tools. ACT is increasingly demonstrating its effectiveness to help clients across a range of psychological issues.
This Workshop will cover how to effectively, creatively, compassionately and flexibly utilise the key skills of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to help you and your clients create more fulfilling changes, where you and they can often get stuck!
Practice using the 6 core processes of ACT:
- Contact with the present moment
- Committed Action
We will use ‘the Matrix’, as a tool for ongoing assessment, and contextual targeting of ACT processes. The importance of compassion, validation and client collaboration will be discussed throughout the course of the workshop.
- Saturday 23rd July 2022, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists and therapists-in-training who want to learn more about the subject area.
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Applications to this course are done online using the link below. If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01 4664205 or call Triona on 086 0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘Summer Series’, then select ‘Introduction to ACT with Compassion [Onsite] July 2022′ and complete the form.