John Bowlby (1969) describes attachment as a “lasting psychological connectedness between human beings” (p.194) and that the relationship between an infant and their primary caregiver will shape their attachment style in close relationships for life. How do we then recognise and work with that as professionals?
The course aims to familiarise participants with the concepts of Attachment Theory supported by research and knowledge of brain development and cultural factors.
“Attachment is not a characteristic of either the child or the parent, it is a characteristic of the relationship” (Bowlby, 2008 p.122). We will explore how this translates to a healing relationship, focusing on the professional as a ‘secure base’, begin to identify and recognise attachment patterns and opportunities for repair.
- Saturday 24 July 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD Short Term’, then select ‘CBT and Anxiety’ and complete the form.