This one-day seminar for professional practice explores how various aspects of “trans” are essential to considerations of sexuality. While trans is linked to gender today, it is implicated in transgenerational and transferential aspects of clinical and therapeutic work.
Seminar will include:
- Developing a knowledge of transference, transgenerational, and transgender issues and exploring how they impact on clinical work today.
- Assessing how knowledge of these themes and considering their application is invaluable in directing the treatment, as distinct to directing the client.
- Seminar includes psychoanalytic theory, short case studies, and analysis of key themes and their significance.
- Emphasis will be on participation and group discussion.
- Short readings will be made available in advance to participants.
Who Should Apply:
- This course is intended for therapists, mental health practitioners and for those professionals who would like to know more about the subject area.
- Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
Online Classroom Delivery
Our online classes are run as tutorials, that involve students and their lecturer logging into our online portal Zoom™ simultaneously.
Zoom™ provides and integrative online environment for students and Lecturers to interact and engage in the learning. This platform facilitates discussion polls, sharing of slides, videos resources and much, much more.
To foster more intimate learning environments the use of breakout rooms is also implemented, allowing for the safe and experiential triadic learning practice that we have found so successful.
All of our sessions are accessible through computer and mobile devices and we have a structured and robust technology department to support all faculty and students through their online learning journey. To encourage flexibility, and ss best practice, we also record all our sessions, these are made accessible only to the students in that class to review content whenever is convenient to them
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD Short Term’, then select ‘Psychoanalysis & Sexuality in the 21st Century’ and complete the form.