Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) is a brief, focused, evidence-informed therapy used to treat mood disorders. It focuses primarily on the enhancement of clients’ interpersonal relationships as means of reducing psychological distress. Originally developed to treat major depressive disorders, it has been used effectively across a range of mental health issues, including substance use disorders, eating disorders, and other mood disorders. Interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT) is a short-term psychotherapy that is directed right to the heart of relationships. It proposes that if the client’s attachment needs are met through improved relationships and social support, change will occur.
In this one day introductory workshop, participants will:
- Examine the evidence for IPT
- Consider how attachment and communication theories can help people address distress and improve relationships
- Engage in skills training for supporting clients with mood disorders
- Learn how to help clients focus specifically on interpersonal relationships
- Understand that clients improve when they are helped to modify their interpersonal relationships or change their expectations of relationships
- Friday 23 July 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for therapists and therapists-in-training who want to learn more about the subject area.
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD Short Term’, then select ‘CBT and Anxiety’ and complete the form.