Self-compassion means taking an attitude of kindness and acceptance towards yourself – not towards the perfect self you want to be but towards the person you are now.
The practice of self-compassion is a recent trend in the world of mindfulness and its value in relation to anxiety, depression, self-acceptance and self-development has been underlined in many research studies.
For people working in the area of mental health, self-compassion can be truly valuable for both clients and the professionals themselves. Perfectionism, the inner critic and self-judgement are themes that often emerge in the clinical space and in any form of personal development work.
Having tools, interventions and coping skills to cope with this can support us in our professional and personal work.
Mindfulness is an essential component of self-compassion as it gives us the space and awareness we need to help us to cultivate a kinder attitude towards ourselves in the present moment.
This workshop aims to support participants in honing the art of self-care, self-compassion and self-acceptance in both the personal and professional settings.
- Saturday 03 July 2021, 10:00am – 4:30pm
Who Should Apply:
- This course is suited for those working in the area of mental health and indeed those who wish to learn more about the subject area.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop.
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
- This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD Short Term’, then select ‘CBT and Anxiety’ and complete the form.