As therapists we learn to managing our emotional responses to the tensions inherent in the anxieties of living in a fast-paced world. Still, for many of us, we can treat ourselves unkindly as we strive to balance the challenge of being effective in work, parenting, our studies, volunteering, and caring for others. Life through the prism of a pandemic is no usual anxiety. As the tension deepens between social-distancing and connection, survival and death, freedom and responsibility, and resilience and overwhelm, demand for therapy is increasing. Clients are seeking refuge from the ambiguous anxieties of the pandemic, and we are in high demand. Yet living in a pandemic is new to us too. So how do we manage all the usual anxieties of living within the challenging shadow of a pandemic, and stay a step ahead of our clients? This online workshop aims to explore how pandemics complicate our anxieties, allows space to share professional challenges with others, and offers a range of therapeutic responses designed to gently address these complications.
The course will cover:
- Understand the impact of a pandemic on Mental Health and Well-being
- Gain insight in the covert processes of Anxiety.
- The psychological impact of social-distancing and movement restrictions
- Explore boundaries and self-care.
- Consider counselling as a cultural resource
- Gain from hearing and sharing lived professional experiences of working with clients during a pandemic.
- Sunday 27 June 2021, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Who should do this course:
- This course will be of interest to various professionals, therapists and students who work with clients during COVID-19 and who developed counselling online within their practice.
- The college will issue a certificate of attendance to those who take this workshop
- CPD: 6 hours
- €95.00 (15% Discount for IICP Students/ Alumni and VCS Counsellors)
- This course is part of IICP’s Summer Series and eligible for our 3 for 2 offer so book any two summer series workshops and get a third one free!
- Note: The discount for IICP Students / Alumni and VCS Counsellors cannot be used in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
This workshop will take place online, using a software called Zoom. Participants will be sent a link to join the online platform before the course commences.
Please note due to the current Covid -19 restrictions, our office team are working remotely. Therefore we would encourage you to apply online for speedy process of your application. Should you have any questions in relation to making your online application please contact Triona on 086-0499154.
Simply click the below button to be brought to our online application process. When prompted, please select ‘CPD Short Term’, then select ‘CBT and Anxiety’ and complete the form.